The Ohio Historic Preservation Office Awards have been presented annually since 1983 on the basis of
nominations from throughout the state. Awards are presented in two categories: Public Education and
Awareness, and Preservation Merit.
Public Education and Awareness
Patricia S. Eldredge, of Hudson, Ohio, for her advocacy and leadership in the preservation of Ohio’s historic resources.
Athens Chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness and the
Ridges Cemeteries Project Committee for the renovation and restoration of the Ridges Cemeteries at 100 Hospital Drive in Athens.
Lormet Community Federal Credit Union, Oberlin Branch, Mark Lesner Architect & Associates, Inc. and the
Oberlin Heritage Center for the preservation and rehabilitation of the 1958 Peoples Banking Company building at 47-49 South Main Street in Oberlin.
The Chesler Group, Inc. and Dimit Architects for the preservation and rehabilitation of the Andrew Jackson House at 277 East Mill Street in Akron.
Shawnee Place Limited Partnership, the Model Group, City Studios Architecture and McCall Sharp Architecture LTD for the preservation and rehabilitation of the Shawnee Hotel at 102 East
Main Street in Springfield.
Fayette Garden Club, Washington Garden Club, and the City
of Washington Court House for the preservation and rehabilitation of the 1892 Washington Cemetery Fountain in Washington Court House.
Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation, Northpointe Group, and
Wichman + Gunther
Architects for the rehabilitation of ten historic buildings on Vine Street in Cincinnati's Over the Rhine Historic District as Parvis Lofts on Vine.
For a list of past Ohio Historic Preservation Office
Award recipients click here.