Link to Online Collection Catalog
Link to OHS HOME page
Link to CONTACT OHS page
Link to OHIO HISTORY STORE website
Link to OHS CALENDAR page
Link to OHS PLACES page
Link to OHS RESOURCES page
Link to the ABOUT OHS page
Link to SEARCH OHS page
Return to OHS 
Home Ohio Historic 
Preservation Office Awards title banner
link to Preservation Site Index link to Preservation Site Map link to Preservation Staff link to Related Links link to Contact Us page

2009 Ohio Historic Preservation Office Award Recipients



The Ohio Historic Preservation Office Awards have been presented annually since 1983 on the basis of nominations from throughout the state. Awards are presented in two categories: Public Education and Awareness, and Preservation Merit.

The Public Education and Awareness Award

Barberton Historical Society and Barberton City Schools for their collaborative work to engage students in learning about the community’s history and historic places

City of Lakewood, Lakewood Historical Society, Lakewood Heritage Advisory Board, and LakewoodAlive for their collective efforts to recognize, preserve, and promote Lakewood’s historic resources

Ohio Department of Transportation’s Division of Information Technology, Office of Environmental Services, and Office of Structural Engineering for creation of the Buckeye Assets Web Site

The Preservation Merit Award

Broad Street United Methodist Church, Rogers Krajnak Architects, Shelley Metz Baumann Hawk, and H. K. Phillips Restoration for extensive rehabilitation of the exterior masonry of Broad Street United Methodist Church at 501 East Broad Street in Columbus

Campus Apartments, Powers & Company and the City of Columbus for the rehabilitation of the 1917 Seneca Hotel at 361 East Broad Street in Columbus

Columbus Association for the Performing Arts, Lincoln Theatre Association, City of Columbus, Franklin County Commissioners, Hardlines Design Company and The Quandel Group for the preservation and rehabilitation of the 1928 Lincoln Theatre at 769 East Long Street in Columbus

Michael Chesler and The Chesler Group for over 20 years of service as an advocate for, and practitioner of, preservation and adaptive use of the Cleveland area’s historic buildings

Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company, Powers & Company. and Wachtel & McAnally Architects/Planners and the City of Columbus for the rehabilitation and adaptive use of the 1926 Buckeye Building at 36 East Gay Street in Columbus as the Residence Inn by Marriott

The Finch Group, Ted Sande, AIA, and Marous Brothers Construction for the rehabilitation and adaptive use of the 1923 Park Lane Villa Hotel at 10510 Park Lane in Cleveland as the Park Lane Villa apartments

Lorenz Williams and CityWide Development Corporation for the rehabilitation and adaptive use of the 1913 McCormick Building at 434 East First Street in Dayton

Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati and the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati Foundation for rehabilitation and adaptive use of the 1924 Resthaven Barn at 6980 Cambridge Avenue in Mariemont

Past Recipients:

For a list of past Ohio Historic Preservation Office Award recipients click here.


Thank you for your interest in The Ohio Historical Society!

Back to Top


HOME || CONTACT

OHIO HISTORY STORE || CALENDAR || PLACES || RESOURCES || ABOUT || SEARCH || PRIVACY POLICY
http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/histpres/programs/ard/2009/ard2009.html || Last modified Wednesday, 21-Oct-2009 11:50:28 Eastern Daylight Time
Ohio History Center 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, OH 43211 © 1996-2012 All Rights Reserved.