Link to Online Collection Catalog
Link to OHS HOME page
Link to CONTACT OHS page
Link to OHIO HISTORY STORE website
Link to OHS CALENDAR page
Link to OHS PLACES page
Link to OHS RESOURCES page
Link to the ABOUT OHS page
Link to SEARCH OHS page
Return to OHS Home Ohio Historic Preservation Office Awards title banner
link to Preservation Site Index link to Preservation Site Map link to Preservation Staff link to Related Links link to Contact Us page

2006 Ohio Historic Preservation Award Recipients

The Ohio Historic Preservation Office Awards have been presented annually since 1983 on the basis of nominations from throughout the state. Awards are presented in two categories: Public Education and Awareness, and Preservation Merit.

The Preservation Merit Award

The Muskingum River Water Trail tells the story of the river from Coshocton to Marietta, reaching a non-traditional audience -- Ohio boaters.

German Village Society in Columbus, and WBNS 10TV for the German Village Visitors Center video

Village of Glendale for the publication “Historic Preservation Guidelines for the Village of Glendale"

Little Cities of Black Diamonds Council for raising public awareness and understanding of the history and assets of the Little Cities of Black Diamonds region of Athens, Hocking, and Perry counties

The Public Education and Awareness Award

Betts House Research Center, Sullebarger Associates, and TiER 1 Performance Solutions for the exhibit “Lost Cincinnati: Why Buildings Die” and related educational programs

First Congregational Church and Chambers, Murphy & Burge Restoration Architects for restoring the sanctuary of Akron’s 1910 First Congregational Church

Clermont County Park District and Burgess & Niple for the rehabilitation and adaptive use of the historic Chilo Lock & Dam #34 Operations Building as the Chilo Lock #34 Park Visitor Center and Museum

Art Academy of Cincinnati, Design Collective, McGill Smith Punshon, Miller-Valentine Group, and Sullebarger Associates for the rehabilitation and adaptive use of the 1923 Rosenthal Printing Company Building and the 1910 Shillito Furniture Warehouse as the Art Academy of Cincinnati

Burnside Construction Company, Marous Brothers Construction, and Sandvick Architects for rehabilitation and adaptive use of the 1915 Bingham Warehouse at 1278 W. Ninth St. in Cleveland’s Historic Warehouse District

Nottingham-Spirk Design Associates, City Architecture, and Historic Preservation Consultant Ted Sande for the rehabilitation and adaptive use of historic First Church of Christ, Scientist, at 2200 Overlook Rd. in Cleveland, as the Nottingham-Spirk Innovation Center

Montgomery County Commissioners, Montgomery County Historical Society, Jeff Wray Architects, and Schooley Caldwell Associates for the restoration of the Old Montgomery County Courthouse in Dayton

Bill and Roger Koch of JBK Partners for rehabilitation of the 1880s commercial building at 5 E. William St. in downtown Delaware

To all who contributed to the restoration of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Westcott House, in Springfield, including the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy; Westcott House Foundation; The Turner Foundation; Chambers, Murphy & Burge Restoration Architects; Schooley Caldwell Associates; Structural Engineer and Architectural Historian Elwin Robison; Landscape Architect Carol Yetken of CYLA Design Associates, Oak Park, IL; Durable Slate Company; and the many skilled artisans and craftspeople and generous donors who made the project possible

Mill Creek MetroParks and McKay Lodge Fine Arts Conservation Laboratory for restoration of the Volney Rogers Memorial Statue in Youngstown's Mill Creek Park


Thank you for your interest in The Ohio Historical Society!

Back to Top


HOME || CONTACT

OHIO HISTORY STORE || CALENDAR || PLACES || RESOURCES || ABOUT || SEARCH || PRIVACY POLICY
http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/histpres/programs/ard/2006/ard2006.html || Last modified Wednesday, 30-May-2007 16:01:03 Eastern Daylight Time
Ohio History Center 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, OH 43211 © 1996-2012 All Rights Reserved.