Link to Online Collection Catalog
Link to OHS HOME page
Link to CONTACT OHS page
Link to OHIO HISTORY STORE website
Link to OHS CALENDAR page
Link to OHS PLACES page
Link to OHS RESOURCES page
Link to the ABOUT OHS page
Link to SEARCH OHS page
OHS home

Fundamental Documents Graphic Banner

FUNDAMENTAL
DOCUMENTS


ARCHIVES/
LIBRARY


ONLINE
RESEARCH
TOOLS

ONLINE
DOCUMENTS

ONLINE
SERVICES

          369

New Commission for the Courts of common pleas and general Quarter Sessions of the peace of Knox County.

October the 22d. 1795 The Governor appointed and commissioned Robert Buntin to the following Offices in Knox County -- Viz:
Clerk of the Court of general Quarter Sessions of the peace. Of the Orphans Court: Of the Circuit Court: Prothonotary of the Court of common Pleas: Recorder of Deeds: Notary public: And Surveyor.

Same Date The Governour issued a dedimus Potestatem to Henry Vanderburgh and Robert Buntin, or either of them to adminis- ter the Oaths to such Officers in the County of Knox as had not taken them.

Also appointed and commissioned Abraham Westfall Coronoer for the said County.

Novr. the 1st. 1795 The Governour granted a Li- cense unto Ezekiel Beasley to establish a Ferry opposite the mouth of little Limestone across the Ohio river from Hamilton County at the place where he resides.

PREVIOUS || INDEX || NEXT

HOME || CONTACT

 ABOUT || CALENDAR || PLACES || RESOURCES || MARKETPLACE || LINKS || SEARCH
Ohio_Historical_Society - 1982 Velma Ave. - Columbus, OH 43211 - © 1998 All Rights Reserved.